Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Another Triathlon in the books

I completed the Siesta Key triathlon last Sunday. It was a great day. I was worried about the water temperatures which were reportedly dipping into the high 70s. I know that is not that bad but I hate to get cold. I gave that up when I moved south. The reality was the air was cool but the water was great. I did the half mile swim in just over 19 min which was my longest swim so far. My line was good and I was fairly relaxed but my breathing was a little quick causing me to have to take a breath every other stroke. Usually, I am every third or forth. I maintained freestyle the whole way so I was happy. I have not gained enough courage to mount the bike with my shoes fixed or dismount while moving so transition times still slower than I would like. The bike otherwise was good. It was a nice ride around Siesta Key and through the village at the end. The run was on the sand. Siesta beach is one of the nicest running beaches in the country. Flat packed sand near the water. The temperatures remained cool so the run was not to hot either. My legs loosened up pretty good and I was able to pick up the pace over the last mile. Run time was 27:33 for a total of 1:30:35. I felt better than the last tri so that was good. One tri left and then the Marine corps marathon. Hope the last long run is good.
I think I am going to sign up with Team in Training for the St Anthony's tri next spring. I would like to give back and little while being blessed to do what I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment