Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just Beginning

Just starting this blogging thing. Today I ran a nice 10.4 miles at a 10 min/mi pace. It was 55 F and sunny. A great day to run.
My upcoming races are the Sarasota 4mile Bridge run, the Sarasota half marathon and then the Gasparilla marathon as a relay. This will be my first relay. Looking forward to running with friends and my daughter in the relay. We will be called the 4 Joules. This has to do with the electricity associated with cardioversion.
I am also looking forward to starting track practice at Cardinal Mooney HS. I will be coaching the sprint events this year as well as the jumps. It takes a lot of preparation to keep up with the HS wit.
I am also interested in doing a joint venture with the YMCA for cardivascular risk factor modification. I would like to focus on the 30 and 40 something crowd that has got out of shape and are developing early risk factors for heart disease

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the message about the podcast, and good luck with the blog! I'll check back often.

    Ashland Dave

    ReplyDelete