Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 3 of a 16 week marathon training program

I finished 46.9 miles this week. Should have logged another tenth to make it even. Didn't notice at the time. I feel pretty good so far. I have been running mostly at a slow pace between 10:30 and 11:00 minute miles. My longest run has been 15 miles. We have been running the Punta Gorda Bridge on some days which is 1.4 miles long with a moderate grad as a hill workout of sorts. I have done some 2 minute accelerations on treadmill days but again not pushing too much yet. I am concentrating on more of a mid foot landing so this is taking some adjustment but my calves are no longer sore. I think my knees feel better as well. My plan is to get used to the mileage then start to push the speed a little. Since this is an overseas marathon and I really don't want to injure out so I need to be conservative on the training. I have also been trying to run a mile now and then in my Vibram Five Finger shoes to help strengthen my feet.
I will continue my weight training which is mainly body weight based. Push-ups, planks, birddogs, lunges, squats and pull ups. I

No comments:

Post a Comment