Sunday, November 8, 2009

Great Weekend of Running

Never before have I ran a race within a month of a marathon. Less than two weeks after Dublin, I did a 10K on Saturday and a 5K on Sunday. Saturday was the Harbor Run in Punta Gorda on our usual training route. There was a 5k, 10K and fun walk with good local participation. It was quite fun to run in nice temperatures in the 70s with fellow running pals. The Joules made a good showing with Tom wining his age group and Carol and I taking second in ours. Today we went a little southwest to Englewood Beach to run the Kiwanis Veterans 5K. Again, the Joules were on with 2 first place age group finishes and a close second. The weather again was great on a known course. I even PRed at 26:25.
I guess finishing the marathon without the death shuffle allowed a quicker recovery. I am looking forward to more training and a spring marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment