Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving

Lots to be thankful for this year. Family and animals all healthy. My daughter's college applications are in the mail. My practice is still busy and my staff is healthy and still doing a great job after 10 years in private practice. I finished the Dublin marathon without injury and a good time.
We are about to kick off training for the next spring marathon. It will probably be Boston through the American Medical Athletic Association. A good chunk of the fee goes to local charities with the rest going to a medical meeting. I have a little reservation not qualifying but am resolved to have a near qualifying time during the race. My training partners are from Boston and look forward to running on home turf with friends and family watching so it will be a great time. I am going to start the mileage increase adding hills early with long tempos. This weekend we did an easy 10 without problems. We are off to West Virginia for Thanksgiving and I will get to run my favorite hill run on Bacon Run road. We will also run along the Monongahalia river on the rails to trails path in Morgantown.

1 comment:

  1. I think you meant, " I finished the Dublin marathon without injury and with a good time."

    I'll be on the phone later for RRT.

    ReplyDelete