Thursday, March 17, 2011

Be fearless in the face of your fears

My new mantra. It is working so far. Did a PR at New Orleans that was unexpected. Many events scheduled. Making plans without worries. Then my mother has back pain. Nothing out of the ordinary for a 77 yo women that is very active. Then it got worse. Trip to ER. MRI abnormal. CT scan shows diffusely enlarged lymph nodes. Biopsy a few hours later. Non Hodgkin's lymphoma stage III. Frozen. Get a grip. Line up the team. I am so fortunate to have so many resources at my disposal. So many friends. All lining up to help. Suddenly, I have learned to slow and take one moment at a time. Nothing for granted.
Atlanta marathon on for this Sunday then Mom starts chemo Monday. My race will be over and hers will be starting. I will be her support crew. My race means nothing. Hers everything. I joined Team in Training yesterday to honor her race. I will raise funds for them for her and all of those less fortunate. My hope is that she can be at the finish at the Savannah marathon in the fall healthy. I will still help the wounded warriors but I must honor support her race and help fight her fight.
So we will take one day at a time and help each other and fight the fight and appreciate what each day has to offer. I will be linking my team in training web site and updating as we go along.

2 comments: