Sunday, April 3, 2011

Something good comes out of everything

Since my mom has been diagnosed with lymphoma many changes have happened. The first of course is dealing with the unknown. How will she and my father deal with the diagnosis. How will she react to chemo. How will her body respond. Being a physician I know the possibilities but not the future. The big focus has been on things we can do. Focus on good nutrition. Take some of her daily stress away. Laugh.
I have been amazed at the outpouring of well wishes from friends and family not heard from for some time. Little gifts to brighten her day and cards have meant so much. Good days are now cherished and reflected upon. Since joining team in training I have witnessed unbelievable generosity. I have met new friends offering unconditional support with my old friends still right by my side.
This weekend I rode 35 miles with Team in training and ran 11 with the Joules. I also took mom to the beach to watch me squeeze in and out of my wetsuit for it's maiden voyage in the ocean. What a great weekend in the face of adversity. The name Joule was originally meant to reflect the energy unit. I must say it has grown to reflect my friends kindness in that they are two of the finest jewels I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment