Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekend of Sunny Runs



Saturday's 6.2 mile run was in Sarasota running across the Ringling Bridge and around the marina. Pictured above is a view from the marina park looking over the bay. The weather was great for August in Florida. Low humidity and a nice breeze. Sunday we ran in Punta Gorda. I added two speed work days this week as well. Tuesday was short bursts of 40 seconds hard with 30 seconds easy for 15 times. Thursday did 3min hard and 2 minutes easy repeating 6 times. On my 18 mile long run Sunday we ran the first 8 straight and then I went to 4:1 minute walk run ratio. That seemed to work well getting me over the 18 mile hump. I am trying to talk myself into the walk run method for the Dublin Marathon. I have heard a lot of great reports from people using this method.

No comments:

Post a Comment