Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In search of the beachbody

Addie and I started the P90x program which is a DVD series with Tony Horton. It consists of progressive daily routines of strength training mainly using your own body weight with push-up/pull-up combinations and dumbbell work. There is also a martial arts day and yoga day. It is associated with a diet plan to fit the progression. I intend to maintain my current running schedule in the am and do these workouts in the pm. I think this will be an excellent cross-training activity. It certainly works muscles not used in running and emphasizes core stability training. We are following the diet to about 70%. Cannot give up the pasta but will try to moderate. I am hoping it helps me stay injury free and improve my running speed. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment